When the other foreigner is living in a foreign country and is invited to Japan, unlike the case where Japanese people get married and live together, after collecting various documents and procedures, the prescribed procedure is required. It cannot be realized without permission, so it takes more time and effort than the general public can imagine.
Here, I will explain an example of how to get married to a foreigner living in a country other than Japan and become able to live in Japan. Please note that the procedure may differ depending on the situation in which each is placed.
1. Confirmation of mutual marriage intentions and conditions (age, remarriage taboo period, etc.)
2. Collection of required documents
3.Marriage registration at the Japanese government office (two witnesses are required)
*In the case of China, the procedure will be done in China first
4. Marriage procedure in the other country
*The order with 3 can be reversed with some exceptions
5. Apply for the issuance of a Certificate of Eligibility at the Immigration Bureau that has jurisdiction over your area.
6. Issuance of certification certificate from immigration after an examination period of about 1 to 3 months
7. We will send a Certificate of Eligibility to the other foreigner
8. Certificate of Eligibility and Passport sent at the Japanese embassy (consulate) in a foreign country
Bring it and have it issued a visa
9. Once you have issued your visa, you will basically be able to enter Japan, so you will be able to live together on a sunny day.
* Recently, since there are so many fake marriages, the application items to the Immigration Bureau are very detailed, and if there are any deficiencies or inconsistencies in the circumstances leading up to the marriage or the description in the reason book, even if it is fake Even if the marriage is not true, the examination period may be extended, and in some cases, the certificate of eligibility may not be issued, so great care must be taken. In addition, documents that prove dating are becoming more important, and the examination is clearly stricter than before .